At The Old Rectory Hotel, we aim to ensure that all our guests enjoy comfortable facilities and are made to feel welcome. We aim to ensure that all guests, employees, and others who use, or assist in, the provision of our services are treated equally and according to their needs.
We have developed this access statement not only to address some of the more common issues that disabled people face but it is intended to provide practical additional information for all guests who wish to stay at the hotel or use its facilities.
We request that, when making an enquiry or booking, customers inform us of any special needs or disabilities that they may have in order for us to meet any personal requirements.
The Old Rectory Hotel is privately owned and run by Huw Rees and Sam Prosser. We have 8 en suite bedrooms - 6 on the first floor, accessed by stairs, and 2 on the ground floor. The public rooms, the Dining Room, Sitting Room, Drawing Room and Vinery are all on the Ground Floor.
- You can contact us via telephone, email or post
- The Hotel has a website describing our services and terms and an illustrated brochure
- The Hotel is situated in the Hamlet of Martinhoe in Exmoor National Park close to the coast path
- There is no village shop or pub in Martinhoe - the closest is in Parracombe (about 3 miles)
- The nearest pharmacy and doctor's surgery is in Lynton (about 5 miles)
- Due to our remote location there is very limited public transport - a car is the most practical transport
- The closest train station is at Barnstaple (about 16 miles) or Tiverton Parkway (about 30 miles)
- National Express Coaches stop at Lynmouth (about 6 miles)
- The nearest bus stop is on A39 on the Barnstaple-Lynton route (about 1.5 miles)
- There are a number of local taxi companies and we are happy to provide details on request
- There are directions to find us detailed in our brochure and on our website
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Entrance to the property is through electrically operated gates, which are closed between 23.00hrs and 08.00hrs. Guests can exit through the locked gate by driving towards the gate which will open. There is an intercom for use out of hours
- The gravel drive slopes gently down to the private car park which is free of charge to guests
- Parking spaces are marked with white marker lines
- The car park surface is flat and has a gravel surface. It is lit at night and there are security lights on PIR detectors
- The front entrance has 2 steps with handrails. The double front door can be opened wide if required to facilitate entry to the building
- There is ramp access through the Vinery door at the back of the building.
- We offer assistance with luggage
Main Entrance & Reception
- Reception is open between 08.00hrs and 22.30 hrs
- The front and back doors both lead to Reception, Sitting Room, Drawing Room and Dining Room, all of which are on the ground floor
- The floor is level and carpeted throughout
- The Reception desk is m high. There is no seating adjacent to the Reception desk, however, check in can be carried out seated in the adjacent Drawing Room if required
- Our corridors are well lit and carpeted
- The Restaurant and Sitting rooms are assessable on one level and also carpeted
- We do not have a lift to the first floor
- There is a public unisex WC on the ground floor with no steps and with one door for entry
- The fire alarm system is sonic and does not have flashing lights. Assistance will be given if evacuation is necessary.
Dining Room, Sitting Room & Drawing Room
- All bar drinks are served in the public rooms with full waiter service. There are bells to ring for service
- Moveable seating throughout
- Most chairs are without arms although chairs with arms are available
- There is background music in the Restaurant
- Full waiter service
- The lounge is made up of large single armchairs and sofas with low level, small coffee tables
- 6 Bedrooms on the first floor accessible only by stairs
- 2 Bedrooms on the ground floor with ramp access - one with large shower cubicle with grab handle - an additional support aid can be provided for the WC on request
- The other ground floor room has a bathtub with shower over
- We do not have adapted bathrooms
- All rooms are varied in their make up of Baths and/or Showers
As a high quality hotel we are committed to providing an exceptional level of customer service. Whilst the physical limitations of the existing building may impose some constraints on what the Hotel is able to do, we fully intend to comply with current regulations and good practice. We have tried to make the 2 ground floor rooms as wheelchair accessible as possible.
The nature of the building means it is impossible to make access to upper floor bedrooms accessible without stairs.
If you require any further information relating to accessibility of the Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, on: 01598 763368 or email: email@example.com or of course in person and we will do our best to help.